Typical configuration w/Hogue 12" LOP overmold stock
This product is available on Amazon.com. Click the photo above to purchase.
The Headbutt™ adapter replaces the pistol grip on your AR-15, allowing it to mate to a Mossberg 500™ compatible stock (Will not fit any other type of shotgun stock). In operation it feels very much like holding a wooden rifle, except that you'll find your neck is less cramped.
This product is manufactured from injection molded glass filled nylon to survive the most challenging missions.
- Mass: 60g without hardware
- Overall Dimensions: 47x47x35mm
- Tensile Strength: >197MPa
- Flexural Modulus: >9.7GPa
- Material: 33% Glass Filled Nylon
- Max operating/storage temperature: 245C
(Specifications are subject to change without notice.)
Shoulders up tight. Solid cheek weld on the buffer tube w/ excellent acquisition of sights.
The Headbutt™ is engineered and tested to work with mil-spec forged AR pattern lower receivers. While the design may work with billet lowers, these lowers often have wide variances in dimensioning that could impact the fit of this adapter. It may be necessary to modify it to fit on any given billet lower. Modifications of course void the warranty.
AR-15 pistol grip mounting screw (1/4-28 x 7/8" socket head cap screw) and matching 1/4" steel washer included. Shotgun stock mounting washer and 5/16-18 nylock nut are also included.Depending on the particular stock you use, you may need to purchase a slightly longer shotgun stock mounting bolt than what came with your stock. Some typical Mossberg 500 shotgun stock mounting details are spelled out below.
- Magpul SGA® Stock P/N MAG490: To attach this stock requires a 5/16-18 x 1.25" Socket head cap screw, which is a bit longer than the screw provided with the Magpul stock.
- Hogue 12" LOP Overmold Stock: This stock requires a 5/16-18 x 6" hex bolt and two 5/16 crush washers (used as spacers) between the bolt head and the washer supplied with the stock. Use the washer that came with the stock between the stock and the crush washers.
- Phoenix Technologies Kicklite: This stock requires a socket head screw 5/16"-18 by 3-3/4" Long. Re-use the washer that comes with the stock.
- Original Factory Mossberg 500 wood stock This stock requires a 5/16-18 x 6" hex bolt and three 5/16 crush washers (used as spacers) between the bolt head and the stock.
- Mossberg 500 Synthetic Stock This stock requires a 5/16-18 x 6" hex bolt. Reuse the flat washer and crush washer that came with the stock.
This product carries our 90 day no questions asked, no hassle warranty. If for any reason you aren't thrilled with the performance of this item, simply return to place of purchase for refund. Five year warranty against defects in materials or manufacturing.
This product has not been approved for legal compliance by any state or local firearms regulatory authority. Please consult with a competent firearms attorney before attempting to make your rifle compliant with state or local assault weapons ban laws.
Typical configuration w/Magpul MAG-490 SGA stock
This product is not approved or endorsed by O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.
This product is licensed under U.S. Patent No. 6,374,528